Can I Appeal an Offer in Compromise Rejection? > 자유게시판

본문 바로가기
사이트 내 전체검색

회원로그인

Can I Appeal an Offer in Compromise Rejection?

페이지 정보

작성자 Inge 댓글 0건 조회 1회 작성일 24-08-31 12:23

본문

Introduction
Receiving a rejection for your Offer in Compromise (OIC) can be disheartening, but it’s not the end of the road. The IRS allows taxpayers to appeal the decision if they believe the rejection was unjust. I went through this process myself and want to share what I learned about appealing an OIC rejection.

Understanding the Rejection
When my OIC was rejected, the IRS provided a detailed explanation in the rejection letter. This letter outlined the reasons for the denial, whether it was due to insufficient documentation, discrepancies in my financial information, or other factors. Understanding these reasons was the first step in preparing my appeal. It’s essential to thoroughly review the rejection letter and identify the specific issues the IRS had with your initial offer.

Preparing Your Appeal
To appeal the rejection, I had to submit a written request to the IRS. This request included:
• Form 13711, Request for Appeal of Offer in Compromise: This form is specifically for appealing an OIC rejection. I filled it out carefully, ensuring all information was accurate and complete.
• Supporting Documentation: I gathered additional documents that addressed the IRS’s concerns. This included updated financial statements, additional proof of income and expenses, and any other relevant information that could strengthen my case.

Writing a Persuasive Appeal Letter
Along with Form 13711, I wrote a detailed appeal letter. Here’s what I included:
• Clear Explanation: I clearly explained why I disagreed with the IRS’s decision. This included addressing each point raised in the rejection letter and providing evidence to counter those points.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

접속자집계

오늘
어제
최대
전체
그누보드5
회사소개 개인정보처리방침 서비스이용약관 Copyright © 소유하신 도메인. All rights reserved.
상단으로